Can anyone tell how long till she pops?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jellyflesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Shes pregnant and i want to make sure i get all her babies because she is so pretty, how long do you think she'll take?

Attachments

• image-3453761221.jpg
    image-3453761221.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 83
Shes pregnant and i want to make sure i get all her babies because she is so pretty, how long do you think she'll take?
Hey, i don't really like guessing, because that's what it would be. It can be very hard to tell from a pic, some can be ready to burst, others not so much. Sorry i can't help you on that but have a look at this breeding trap. It is designed to save all fry. I have mine set-up a few days and my guppy(who wasn't very big) had fry today in it. It's very hard to say whether it does save ALL the fry, unless you sit and watch the whole birthing..I would guess it's about 90% but i still think it's much higher than a standard trap. Once sucked into the separate box, the fry can't get back to momma. I found i had that issue with the type of trap you have. I would definitely recommend it. If your in the US, i'm sure it's readily available in your superstores....Ian
Ps..You need an air-pump to use this, a small cheap one will do.....
Penn Plax Aqua-Nursery Automatic Circulating Hatchery

Hey, i don't really like guessing, because that's what it would be. It can be very hard to tell from a pic, some can be ready to burst, others not so much. Sorry i can't help you on that but have a look at this breeding trap. It is designed to save all fry. I have mine set-up a few days and my guppy(who wasn't very big) had fry today in it. It's very hard to say whether it does save ALL the fry, unless you sit and watch the whole birthing..I would guess it's about 90% but i still think it's much higher than a standard trap. Once sucked into the separate box, the fry can't get back to momma. I found i had that issue with the type of trap you have. I would definitely recommend it. If your in the US, i'm sure it's readily available in your superstores....Ian
Ps..You need an air-pump to use this, a small cheap one will do.....
Penn Plax Aqua-Nursery Automatic Circulating Hatchery

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom