Can API aquarium salt be used along with Imagitarim Parasite remedy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeth14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks,
It's my first time on this forum. I'm a beginner in this hobby.

I have Koi fish in a small pond about 400 gallons, some of my koi are having itch and splashing quite a bit. Some of them are inactively laying on its side instead. I read some random post on internet and this seems to be a parasite issue on the koi. I bought API Aquarium Salt and Imagitarium Parasite Remedy. I already started using this salt to treat (based on the dosage 1 rounded table spoon per 5 gallons). This seem to help some of the koi, but others didn't seem to get better, especially the ones that are laying on their side at the bottom of the pond.

My question is can I use Imagitarim Parasite Remedy, while my water already had salt? Please help.

Thank you for your time.

Can you add aeration and check the water parameters, if needed add water to the pond and maybe some extra Pond Prime if the parameters are not ideal.

Look at the fish and check for Anchor worms. Scoop one out and check it if you can grab one which seems to be flashing, you can check what they look like online.

Back
Top Bottom