can blue hippo tangs be agresive toward each other???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I moved this thread to it`s own thread. The one you attached it to was over two yrs old. It`s better if you start a new one.
All tangs will be aggressive toward each other if they are the same species. If you want to mix tangs then you need them to be different colors and different body shapes. A scopas tang has an attitude and will probably pick on alot of different fish. I have three in my 125 reef tank. A yellow, scopas and a yellow eyed Kole tang.

Its alright man, this is the most friendly forum on the web and the moderators around here will defiantly get your post where the most eyes will see it ! That being said if you want to add more than one tang of the same species; ie 2 hippos, you will want as big and long a tank as possible. "The new marine aquarium" by Paletta actually recommends a stocking list of a 75 gallon tank that includes two hippos (this will certainly limit what else you can put into this tank) So if you are dead set on two hippos into the same tank I would reccomend no less than a 75 gallon tank - preferably larger !

"The new marine aquarium" by Paletta actually recommends a stocking list of a 75 gallon tank that includes two hippos (this will certainly limit what else you can put into this tank) So if you are dead set on two hippos into the same tank I would reccomend no less than a 75 gallon tank - preferably larger !
WOW...good to know. That's a book I would not recommend if they say 2 14" tangs in a 75 is fine.

1 tang in a tank that size is all I would go with. 2 are going to make keeping your parameters in check a challenge. If you have to go with 2 make sure you go with different types and body shapes as tangs are very territorial. PLUS can outgrow a tank very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom