Can cichlids live with guppies mollies plattys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camogirl28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can chiclids live with guppies mollies platys in a 36 gal tank

What sort of cichlids were you thinking, 'cichlids' is a large group of different fish.
Have a look at a pair of german blue rams.

I was thinking African chiclids or South American chiclids I really don't have rams available where I live

Hello Camo...

Most Cichlids are good only with other Cichlids. They'll make lunch of any fish that's the same size as their mouth. Livebearers are definitely not a choice of tankmate for aggressive fish like Cichlids.

B

Hello Camo...

Most Cichlids are good only with other Cichlids. They'll make lunch of any fish that's the same size as their mouth. Livebearers are definitely not a choice of tankmate for aggressive fish like Cichlids.

B

I keep swordtails, mollies, and Knife livebearers with Thorichthys sp. "Gold Mixteco" with out aggression/predation issues, have tons of fry swimming around. It's completely possible to house certain cichlids with livebearers it just has to be done intelligently.

A very good portion of South/Central American cichlids are found in the close proximity of tetra/livebearers in the wild.

I wouldn't recommend trying to keep them with Rift lake Cichlids however.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom