Can green weasse attack frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Woke up to find another piece of frogspawn has been attacked. And I have only my green wrasse to blame. Anyone got any ideas on this

Sounds unlikely. If the flow is too high a small piece may tear off. Is the whole head missing or are you just finding a small piece on the sand?

When I knock the lights on in the morning i see that one head is completely retracted and looks as though it has been attacked.
I've lost 2 heads over time through this.

I have it on the sand bed and have recently highered it up to near the top to make sure it's not something in the sand.
I'm really confused cause the rest of the heads are fine for now?

by chance do you have blue leg hermits? I had similar issue with my hammer a while back wound up being hermits munching on it

You mean a green coris wrasse? I think it's possible, but I wouldn't pass judgement without seeing the wrasse actually take a bite.

Yes I do have one blue legged hermit? Should i sump him and see maybe?? Could this hermit munch on xenia also maybe?

And I have only ever seen the wrasse pick at the rocks never a coral but if was my last hope.

Back
Top Bottom