Can i take out my filter now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been running an Aqueon and an aquaclear on my tank. I've been running the aquaclear for 2 weeks, and the Aqueon for about a year. Can I take out the Aqueon now and just run my aquaclear?

It's seeded but just beware, you will have a mini cycle. There is just enough bacteria on both of the filters combined to consume the ammonia and nitrites being produced by the tank. The best way to do it is to stick the old filter pad inside the new filter. It should fit in there without too much difficulty or at the very least you can cut it up and use it.

It's seeded but just beware, you will have a mini cycle. There is just enough bacteria on both of the filters combined to consume the ammonia and nitrites being produced by the tank. The best way to do it is to stick the old filter pad inside the new filter. It should fit in there without too much difficulty or at the very least you can cut it up and use it.

How long will the mini cycle take? I can do daily water changes with prime.

I would expect it to last from a few days to a week; probably not any longer than that.

I would expect it to last from a few days to a week; probably not any longer than that.

That's sad because I was planning on buying a new fish today or tommorow. If I take the filter media out of my Aqueon and put it into my aquaclear, I should be good right?

Back
Top Bottom