can i use liverok as wet/dr filter media???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigjoncoop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey fellaz

ive ask this question before but with no def. answers.

can i use live rock as filter media for my wet/dry?

my tank has been running for 2 months. and i want to use some of my live rock in my tank in my wet/dry filter. in the trickle section.

thanks

Hi there

I would say no because for live rock to work efficiently would need a constant flow going Through it where the wet and dry it would only be dripping Through it If you can see my logic

Take the trickle section out and use live rock that's what most folks do or build a DIY sump ..hears a wet dry converted to a liverock sump

ForumRunner_20130820_131609.jpg

I was tthinking of that. but if I do that do I need to add a light etc.. and make a refugium out of it? or just take out trickle and add submerged live rock?

hmm. well I just ordered bioballs because case it seems no one knew if it was ok to use Liverock in my wet/dry and I had awesome success with bioballs on my last tank. if they give me problems with nitrates ill make my wet/dry into a sump.

thanks guys

I'll keep u posted.

You can use the live rock in the wet / dry but the only issue is that it won't have any nitrate removing capabilities.

Bioballs work great aslong as you clean them on a regular bases or they become nitrate factorys...

Back
Top Bottom