Can I ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Question 1: Morning All, After my Blonde guppy giving birth a week ago i started them off on Liquifry which they took with no probems, over the course of the week they are now quite happily taking BBS and crushed flake. My question is can i safely introduce the yolk from a Boiled Egg, i read somewheres that it is packed with protien ? I know this will cloud up the water so only a little at a time will be fed as they are at the moment still in a breeding net. I will hopefully be setting up a rearing tank for them today, 24x15x12 with a tank divider in as i'm due another birth shortly so effectively they'll have 12x15x12.
Question 2:
At the moment my fish: 1m/2F guppies and 5 neons are housed in a 18x12x12, i've now got a 24x15x12. The question is this: can i move the Substrate (Gravel), Live plants and filters straight into the new tank ? Obviously the fish will be temp placed into a suitable holding container, Plants removed and kept wet, filters removed (2x Internal), Good time to clean them ! and the Gravel Vaccumed before moving.
I will keep at least Half of the water to place into the new tank and top up with dechlorinted fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom