can mushrooms be fraged?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have purchased a peice of rock with a really nice colony of green mushrooms. can they be fraged to spread the color around my tank? I was told that you can cut them into pie peices and tie them to live rock, and in time they will connect and grow. Is this true? any advice would be appreicated.

Yep that's exactly how you do it, just be sure to cut so each frag has a bit of the shroom center.. the tricky part is getting them to stay attached to the rock..

any adivice on how to keep them attached to the rock? How long does it take to attach to the rock? Also, how do you take the schroom you want to cut up off the original rock. Thanks for your help.

You can attach them to rock by using that bridal vail material. place them on the rock, then wrap the material around the rock and over the shroom. Then you can use a rubberband to hold the material to the rock. In a few days it should be attached.

Also I dont know if this would work with shrooms, but you can buy some plastic toothpicks and stick one into a hole in the LR, then spear/impale the shroom or other frag onto the toothpick. After it attaches, pull the toothpick out.

8965 said:
Also, how do you take the schroom you want to cut up off the original rock.
Just cut through the 'stalk'. With any luck the bit that's left will grow into a new shroom too.

Back
Top Bottom