can we move the fish tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
my son wants to move the fish to my new house tonight.....will they be ok at night?

If the tank is ready it should be fine.

Well we are tearing them down tonight so the tanks are not ready :confused:
when hubby gets home at 10 my son is coming over and off we go.......im not gonna drain the tanks till hes on his way then will put them in the water I drained out (we have 4 5 gal buckets brand new)and then finish draining the tank.........I have batery power air boxes will use that I plan on putting the media with them or should I use another bucket?.......will they be ok for about an hour to a hour in a half....while I drain the tanks and re fill them?........also the heater does it take time to warm up? or when I refill can I after I add the heater can I add the fish, how long should I wait to add the fish?....I am worried that they will not be ok without the heater during transfer............sorry for so many questions
tongue.gif

Use another bucket for the media. They should be fine for more then the time your talking about so your good. Heaters do take a little time to warm up all the water, but it should be fine. I guess all you can do is put them in there since you never got the tank ready before hand.

well not sure what you mean get the tank ready before.....they are in their tanks for over 6 months but im moving now to a new home so they are going back in there tanks.....just stressing due to moving them

Motherspice-- don't worry too much. I moved my fish a few weeks ago and they were a couple hours out of their tank... no problems, fish are just dandy.

well my 55 gal and 29 are there and set up and fish in im at my old house still as we just moved 2 tanks last night im so scared to go there to feed them and move more stuff I pray they all are ok they were ok last night well 2 am lol when we left...the only one that scared me some was jewel the pearl gourami and one female sword....jewels colol was weird like faded....now we take patches the betta over this morn and later the 10 gal........the 2 big ones are done

Good job! Hope it all went smoothly. Don't stress too much over the color change, it's just stress from the move, it'll be ok

well went overr and they all are alive!!!!!!!!!! and jewel got her color back!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom