Can you have to much co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flash2121

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just setup my 55gal plant tank.
I have a few plant no fish yet.
I know to much co2 bad for fish
But can you have to much co2 for plants

Apparently not. I just googled it for you. A guy with plants only went to 300ppm CO2. He said his pH stopped going down at 4 and it didn't affect his plants either way. Of course that much would be instant death for any fauna. Interesting, He stated that after 35ppm it looked as though his plants couldn't use anymore than that. OS.

Well I have DIY system and real don't know how much co2 I putting in the tank didn't want to put to much

I think plants can definitely use more than 35ppm. I know many people who run tanks at much higher levels and see much better results. Tom Barr has stated that he runs co2 sometimes around 60ppm. I've kept mine to around 50 per Kh chart. As long as you slowly raise the co2 fauna can adjust. :)

OK thanks Keating. I was going by what I read in a post in The Planted Tank forum so it must have been just opinion and not fact. (And the learning continues). OS.

Keating, do you get crazy pearling at that level?

It's very entertaining to watch. LOL. The pearling starts about an hour after lights go on and after that I can't take pictures of the tank because of all the bubbles. Haha

Back
Top Bottom