Canister filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fidgetromeo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a fluval 106 canister and the bottom try with the biomax is only about a third full, that's putting in all of what the filter came with. So is it right to be so empty? How full should it be?

I have a fluval 106 canister and the bottom try with the biomax is only about a third full, that's putting in all of what the filter came with. So is it right to be so empty? How full should it be?

I've doubled the tray biomedia before. The main issue I find is it takes a bit of testing to make sure the flow rate is still good.

For ammonia I've never really noticed a difference for a cycled tank.

You can fill the biomedia tray(s) completely. In the UK you can easily get "biohome" media from Tyne Valley Aquartics (Pondguru on youtube). It's one of the better biological medias and has way more surface area than the crummy biomax fluval gives you.

Back
Top Bottom