Canister filter running low flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bwanny

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone i recently bought another fluval 306 canister filter. I now am running two of them on my 75 gal oscar and flowerhorn tank. I noticed the new one has an insanely stronger current to it compared to the older one. I was looking up some troubleshooting options and was wondering what you guys thought. I thought maybe the impeller needed to be cleaned off and i looked at it and it was fine. I thought maybe there could be some build up in the tubing coming from the filter to the tank. I have yet to actually clean them out. I also cleaned the sponges on the old fluval 306 before and it doesnt seem to of made that big of a difference. What do you guys think? What could be all the possible issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I suspect your hoses. Mine gets clogged from time to time. Check the inlet first because that is the one most likely to be clogged.

Ok thank you! I didnt know it could really ristrict flow that badly

Your filter media too dense?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Check you filter media as well. That will be the first thing you want to look at. It is what I look at first with my 206.

Yea it turns out the tubing had a ton of junk in it. I also forgot to clean one of the bottom foam sponges the last time i cleaned my filter. Not my filter is running great just like the new one. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom