Canister filter vs Biowheel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCarnes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am redoing my current 29 aquarium. It was an all in one yard sale purchase a couple years back. I am planning on using sand substrate (first go at this - always used gravel) and I have not decided on live vs fake plants yet (I have a planted 55 gallon, but I have some snails from another tank that will be going into the 29 and I dont know what type they are so I dont know if they will eat plants...)

Anyway the main point of this post... I am looking to replace the current filter and I was wondering if a canister or a HOB filter would be best for this tank.

I have a canister on my 55 gallon and I do like it, I'm just not convinced the expense of one for the 29 gallon is worth it.

Any suggestions on filters?

Current stock that will be placed in the tank will be:

1 powder blue dwarf gourami
5 black skirt tetras (have 1 will be purchasing 4)
3 ghost shrimp
2 gold snails
1 black mystery snail

All inherited from a relatives poor fish keeping attempt...

I am a fan of cory cats personally so I will most likely add a few of those. Maybe another school of some sort of tetra later but not in a rush and dont want to overload.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love my canister filter, too, but would probably go HOB on a 29 for the cost savings.

Back
Top Bottom