Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have this extra xp3 sitting here. What could I do with it to benefit my tank? I know your not suppose to put pads in them as they become nitrate traps. Already running a wet dry and a sump on my tank.

I have an xp4 and I use live rock in it and there's a ton of pods living in there so I know there doing ok, so I'd image the rock grows stuff as well for the pods to survive.

Not really, I have a magnum 350 also and it's pretty much useless for biological filtration.

If you could get very fine pieces of live rock that fit between the filter mat that goes around the inner part and the outer clear housing it may work somewhat but that isn't much room to work with, and it may mess up the impeller.

Cool, I was thinking of throwing this thing on my 29g that already has a wet dry filter and a 5g sump. I'm thinking water volume at this point as well.

The solution to pollution is dilution :). Good idea to put that on. Just make sure it doesn't turn into a nitrate factory.

Back
Top Bottom