Cansiter filter spray bar position

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartgirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am using a Cascade 1500 canister filter on my 87G aquarium. I have the spray bar attachment being used and it is positioned right in the middle of my tank about an inch or two under the water level and agitates the surface just enough. With it like that, the corners are very stagnant, so I thought I would get a powerhead to help create more movement. I ordered a small Hydor powerhead and it will be here tomorrow (just enough flow for the corners) so I am curious what how you guys position yours for optimal flow. My tank is moderately (boarder line heavily) planted and seems at though detritus collects along the back of the tank where there is little flow. Thoughts?

I am considering DIY spray bar extension, as the elbow joint in mine is starting to crack as well....if that doesn't work I'll most likely just move the spray bar all the way down to the left side of the tank, as the intake tube is on the right ...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 2 cascade 1000 running in my 75 gallon. I have a Hydor circulator not sure what size buts it's rather powerful. I don't have my spray bars attached, I have both out takes pointed in same direction to cause current counter clockwise. I have the pump set up in a front corner to assist with current. I also have 2 air stones set up in the back corners. No matter how I move stuff around I still can't get some of the debris to move off the bottom without blowing my sand all over the place.

I have 2 cascade 1000 running in my 75 gallon. I have a Hydor circulator not sure what size buts it's rather powerful. I don't have my spray bars attached, I have both out takes pointed in same direction to cause current counter clockwise. I have the pump set up in a front corner to assist with current. I also have 2 air stones set up in the back corners. No matter how I move stuff around I still can't get some of the debris to move off the bottom without blowing my sand all over the place.

My corners were pretty stagnant before. Yesterday I decided to build a longer spray bar with PVC that goes the length of the tank, and I bought the smallest Hydor powerhead they make to help stir things up. It's in the left middle pointing at the intake and gives most of the plants a good flow. Near the intake they barely move due to rock formations, so I'm thinking about pointing another Hydor at the intake to help move things along....Maybe....lol

I usually put the spraybar on the side facing the length of the tank and the intake on the far side of the tank so the flow goes left to right.

I thought about doing that too but I need new, longer hoses to do that?...maybe that can be my next project ;)

Back
Top Bottom