cardinal plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
Fist of all I'm going to admit that I don't know anything about this plant lol but it was only 4 dollars so its whatever. But it came in a plastic pot and idk what its planted in. Squishy stuff lol. Should I leave it in the pot, or...? I have no clue what to do lol

Take it out of the pot and take the padding out also. I am also wondering of some info on this plant?

Well I have no clue lol. I was just worried about removing it because the roots are kind of tangled in the pot.

paytertot said:
Well I have no clue lol. I was just worried about removing it because the roots are kind of tangled in the pot.

Don't worry just take it off carefully and it will survive with some of its roots torn off.

If you don't remove it now, the roots will only get worse as the plant grows. I usually just take a small pair of scissors and cut around the pot so there is a top half and a bottom half. The bottom half just open like a flower and the top half I cut up one side so it splits open. Then the roots can easily be untangled without damaging. Sometimes a couple of the roots get damaged but they will grow back.

FreshwaterTropical said:
Don't worry just take it off carefully and it will survive with some of its roots torn off.

Haha great minds think alike at the same time lol

Back
Top Bottom