Caught a flounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I was in my backyard looking at the ocean and I caught a small minnow(or guppy? Idk) to feed an anemone and I saw this weird looking thing swimming. I caught it and put it in a small container and realized it's a flounder. Are they compatible for an aquarium? It's less than an inch long. Does anyone want it? I might sell it to my lfs.

Flounder get large and are predatory fish. Probably not tank compatible. I support the grilling idea.

^+1. it will eat anything it can fit in its mouth, unless you have a large, aggressive fowlr tank, release it back

You realize flounder are game fish and that means have a size/bag limit. You're breaking the law capturing it in any way without returning it. Besides atlantic flounder get like 30" long.

Be careful fishing for anything unless you know the rules for your area. Some states, and areas have weird and/or retarded rules. My buddy lives by a small lake that salmon run into, since the lake is considered private he doesn't have a limit on the number he catches or how he catches them. The stream that runs out of the lake is considered public, so we have to follow fish and game rules if we fish that. He in a couple more weeks it'll be time to grab the net and the boat stock up the freezers :)

Don't worry, anything I ever catch is from my dock. I am so scared of diving into the ocean lol I would never dive and get something.

Back
Top Bottom