Cave tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insanejellyfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 28 gallon bow front tank just laying around and I think I may have an idea for it. I was thinking like a cave tank. After doing some research I've come to the conclusion of 5-7 blind cave tetras along with 4-6 albino corydoras. I also want to add a white crayfish into the tank. But from owning species from the procambarus genus in their own tanks, I might have to go with something else. Any ideas on some crustaceans that would go good with the theme? I also plan on finding some stalagmite features and having a red light over the tank. Any other suggestions or ideas would be great as well!

I did a ten gallon like this once.

Here are more ideas
White skirt tetras
Albino BNP
Ghost shrimp
White mystery snail
White ramshorn snails
Black phantom tetra
Lamp eye tetras

Cave Fish can be very nippy. Not sure how crustaceans would fare ?
Give Cories plenty of hideouts.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true. They are also good at taking other fish's food, dispute bing blind. They will eat catfish pellets whole when full grown.

I got the idea from the tank the newport aquarium had set up like this. They had a couple white crayfish and a good amount of tetras in the tank. But it was also fairly large so I would have no idea how the crayfish would fair with the corys and tetras.

I saw that tank. The tetras would be fine, I'm not sure about the cories, since they are on the bottom

I've always wanted blind cave fish. Following. Please post pics as you go ahead with your project. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I should have done this with my 55. I'll get to that project some day. I feel that if you add the shrimp first and have a good population going, the tetras shouldn't be too bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom