Caves for Apistos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm going to buy a pair of apistos for my 20gal guppy tank. I'm planning on keeping the guppies with them tho, but I decided to get a homemade cave. I have an old 10 gallon filter that is broken and was thinking if it'll be good for a cave. Any suggestions?

Sure, they don't care about aesthetics as long as it is a place for them to hide.

You may have issues with nipping the adult guppies, and there will most certainly be fry predation by the pair, but then again that's just good for conditioning them to breed. lol.

severum mama said:
Sure, they don't care about aesthetics as long as it is a place for them to hide.

You may have issues with nipping the adult guppies, and there will most certainly be fry predation by the pair, but then again that's just good for conditioning them to breed. lol.

Thanks =] I also have a cave made from rocks right next to the filter cave. And as for the guppies, I have a ton right now so I think they'll just reduce the amount.

The filter may be too large for their liking, they tend to choose caves with as small an opening as possible. Coconut caves work very well and can be blended into the scape by growing moss on it or cut 2'' clay flower pots in half and out them in there.

Back
Top Bottom