celestial pearl danio with lump (photo/vid)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cindini

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Celestial pearl danio (CPD) in a 10 gal community tank has a lump, I am not sure if it is an injury such as a bite or scrape, or something else. My best guess for "something else" would be a parasite or tumor, or possibly platy bite (?), platy is huge and the alpha fish (and will be re-located shortly, I am working on M and F platy tanks). I have just noticed the malady and have taken no measures yet. The fish exhibits no other signs and behavior is normal.

Community=
6 CPD
1 platy
3 endlers
3 kuhli loaches
nerite and rabbit snail
used to have a few shrimp that disappeared, LFS suspects platy

Tank born on on 12/26/10, and stocked in Feb 2011 after a fishless cycle (all fish from same store), platy (F) came pre-fertilized :banghead: but fry were moved into a separate tank.

Pretty heavily planted tank, water is kept at 78F, fluorescent tube lighting, current parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5-10 nitrate (API master kit), last water change was 5 days ago (50% with thorough vacuuming since I had not changed for 3 - 4 weeks, and the platy is a poop machine).

I had been feeding just Nutrafin max flakes (crushed) with occasional bottom feeder and algae wafers, but about 4 days ago added TetraVeggie and Spectrum small fish sinking pellets (the pellets were added after researching good food for the CPD due to concerns that the platy was sucking up all the food at the surface).

I have one photo and three videos:

CPD spot | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

YouTube - clip3.MOV
YouTube - clip2.MOV
YouTube - clip1.MOV

Thank you for any thoughts!

Attachments

• CPD spot.jpg
    CPD spot.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 290
Well, to me that looks like a bite or possibly a bacterial issue. :( Make sure you keep the water super super clean, and see if that helps it heal up, if not, I would look for some meds.
Hopefully someone else also comes by and checks these pics out to maybe throw out some other ideas.

dkpate said:
Well, to me that looks like a bite or possibly a bacterial issue. :( Make sure you keep the water super super clean, and see if that helps it heal up, if not, I would look for some meds.
Hopefully someone else also comes by and checks these pics out to maybe throw out some other ideas.

Thanks dkpate. The platy is a very aggressive eater so I do wonder if it the danio looked like a snack. :-(

Back
Top Bottom