changed gravel to sand today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpringSprite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
switched glofish from 5 gallon to 20 gallon Thursday...

ammonia today 0, nitrites .5-1.0 ppm, no nitrates yet.

Decided we want to get panda corys once cycle is completed, so wanted to switch from gravel to sand...

Figured I should get on it before the tank does cycle and I mess it all up! Here is the result. Very neon-y, no? :ROFLMAO: (edited to add: not sure if I added a picture properly, not seeing it.)

Just wanted to share, my husband is probably sick of it and the kids aren't all that interested either :lol:

No the picture is not showing up for me.

Just so you know, pandas don't do well in temperature under 77. Your glofish and pandas will be fine with 75-77 degrees fahrenheit (24-25 c).

Glad you mentioned the temp, actually! Aqadvisor only lists danio glofish as a tank option. I have the white skirt tetra glofish, which has opened up my options for tankmates considerably as apparently the temperature preferences are higher. (I didn't realized how different the temp. requirements were, at first...)

So I'm glad I got the white skirts, happy accident. Just upped my temperature from 75 to 76, will bump up more slowly to acclimate them in preparation for adding new guys once we are cycled!!!

Back
Top Bottom