Changed my mind again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any thoughts on really little fish that like a little current and are black, silver, or coppery? Or red or yellowish.

I had a plan for my 29 gallon but changed it a lot and while I love these guys that I have I'm not sure what's next.

I have 6 harlequin rasboras and 6 glo light neons. Aqua advisor says I'm stocked 41%.

Would 6 dwarf chain loaches be enough of a clean up crew? What about them and a few mystery snails and some ghost shrimp? Not looking to get out of cleaning the tank, just looking for balance. And I don't like cories.

Would dwarf pencilfish have a hard time with the current? They were one of my favorites on my previous list but now I see what the current is like ...

Um, commen as the devil, but zebra danios are black, silvery, and when healthy have a yellow tinge that makes them a bit coppery. Mine are very active and love swimming in the current

I'm a little worried about zebras scaring everyone? They'd be a lot bigger. But they're perfect for the current I'm sure.

Danio kyathit maybe ... The trouble with our LFS having, they say, the largest fish selection in the country ... Definitely loving things more in the orange range.

what about celestial danio, black with silver spots and red fins. OR hengels rasbora, silver with a black and yellow patch. Not sure about current with them though....

I love the CPDs .... Love love love ... But they seem a little too small.

Gonna have to go see everything at the LFS, they have dozens of danios. And I'm seeing the need for cories as I learn how to feed everyone. I have white sand and it gets dirty looking fast.

Today's plan ... Going over the LFS price and stocking list ...

6 Danio kyathit (spotted silver/black bodies with orange fins)
5 Cory sterbias (spotted silver/black bodies with orange fins)
6 botiA sidi...sidi...errrrr ... Dwarf chain loach (silver with black)

I think I love these combos because black and white are opposite, as are red and green. So the black, dark red brown, rusty orange, and bright yellow greens have a lot of complimentary color wheel stuff going on.

(Wow what other hobby combines art and science so well)?

Any thoughts on really little fish that like a little current and are black, silver, or coppery? Or red or yellowish.

I had a plan for my 29 gallon but changed it a lot and while I love these guys that I have I'm not sure what's next.

I have 6 harlequin rasboras and 6 glo light neons. Aqua advisor says I'm stocked 41%.

Would 6 dwarf chain loaches be enough of a clean up crew? What about them and a few mystery snails and some ghost shrimp? Not looking to get out of cleaning the tank, just looking for balance. And I don't like cories.

Would dwarf pencilfish have a hard time with the current? They were one of my favorites on my previous list but now I see what the current is like ...

You could get some nice orange swordtails. My alpha sword is an awesome fish. Orange and black. They are bigger but no bother to the rest of the tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398500411.998877.jpg

The tank is bare at the moment because I'm re-scaping.

Back
Top Bottom