Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterfaller1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, I had forgotten about this forum, my apologies. But I received a nice birthday wish, so I thought I would pop in and show you my tank. :)

Thank you.:flowers: This is my 90 gallon tank with a 29 gallon sump. It used to be my sw reef, but now is a fw as you can see. Much cheaper and easier for me to care for at my age. It uses bio-media bags for filtration in the sump, and has an external blueline pump.

Thank you.:flowers: This is my 90 gallon tank with a 29 gallon sump. It used to be my sw reef, but now is a fw as you can see. Much cheaper and easier for me to care for at my age. It uses bio-media bags for filtration in the sump, and has an external blueline pump.

I bet! I looked into doing saltwater and man it looks like a lot of work! :). I only have freshwater too.

Your tank is very well scaped and clean looking. It blends together very nicely and is pleasing to the eye. Very calm and soothing to look at.

Thank you for the nice comments. Sw is a great thing, did it for years. Actually, I find keeping a lush planted tank more difficult than keeping corals and a reef tank.

Thank you for the nice comments. Sw is a great thing, did it for years. Actually, I find keeping a lush planted tank more difficult than keeping corals and a reef tank.

I'm finding that out now myself. I ventured into the planted side and realizing that my reef was way easier lol. Check out my build thread if you get a second.

Oh and your very welcome!!

This tank also has 8 kuhli loaches, and my prized possession of fishes...a pair of sewellia lineolata-hillstream loaches.

Here are my two most recent additions. I have not taken pics of them in the tank yet.

Aren't the kuhli's warmer water fish?

The tank looks spectacular though! Someone already said it, but it's very soothing and pleasing to the eye!
Are those live plants?

Hello, the fancies and the loaches do well together at the temp, it runs around 76F. In the winter it's a bit cooler. No the plants are artificial now. I gave up live plants as the goldies loved to rip them up for fun. I even had the kind they don't eat...it was just something to do..lol. Thanks for the compliment.

Ooh! That makes sense then. I didn't realize fancies could be kept at warmer temps. As you can tell, I stay away from them. Lol

Wow, I normally don't like the look of artificial plants, but you pulled them off very well! Nice job!

Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm totally jealous of your hillstream. He's gorgeous! One day I'd like to get one but I'll have to get another tank or two before that can happen

Love the tank and the new Blue ? Chocolate Oranda on the bottom, stunning fish! I don't know all their names, but I know when they are beautiful!

I have one HSL, a reticulated, and it is one of my favorite fish. Now since I found I can keep him well, I plan on a couple more to keep the first one company! Such a gorgeous set up!

Don't be a stranger! Looks like you could be helping lots of people with their tanks!

Your tank is gorgeous! I love the contrast in the colours; dark stones and coloured plants scattered around. It makes your fish look wonderful. This makes me want to do something similar :)

Ooh! That makes sense then. I didn't realize fancies could be kept at warmer temps. As you can tell, I stay away from them. Lol

Wow, I normally don't like the look of artificial plants, but you pulled them off very well! Nice job!

Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm totally jealous of your hillstream. He's gorgeous! One day I'd like to get one but I'll have to get another tank or two before that can happen
Good morning. Yes, the fancy goldfish do best in warmer temps. It is the comets, commons, shebunkins, and the like that must have cooler temperatures. I got these plants through ADG. I had looked at their galleries for years, flailing through good and bad times with live plants. I got sick of the nasty cast off mess the plants made, and having the tank look a mess. I finally broke down, contacted them, and bought a package of 13 plants. Some of them have been removed in this most recent look. Here is what it looked like when I first got them. They were very straight, but cleaning them in five gal buckets has made them bent. I liked the way it looked at first, but it actually looks more natural to me now that they have relaxed some.

Love the tank and the new Blue ? Chocolate Oranda on the bottom, stunning fish! I don't know all their names, but I know when they are beautiful!

I have one HSL, a reticulated, and it is one of my favorite fish. Now since I found I can keep him well, I plan on a couple more to keep the first one company! Such a gorgeous set up!

Don't be a stranger! Looks like you could be helping lots of people with their tanks!
Thank you! The only reason I thought I would get away with the HSL in this tank is because the action of the built in overflow gives this tank a lot of oxygen, way more than a regular tank w/ a filter. It worked out well, and they are thriving.

Your tank is gorgeous! I love the contrast in the colours; dark stones and coloured plants scattered around. It makes your fish look wonderful. This makes me want to do something similar :)
Thank you so much. The substrate is tahitian moon sand. It was very difficult to find stones this shape here in FL. I finally drove out of town to a place that sells landscape stones and they had a ton of them. I was able to get all of them for under $20.

Thank you! They are super cool. They kind of look like tiny flounders with a pattern.:)

Yeah, I like the more bent/relaxed look of your plants too. Much more natural. But it did look pretty awesome in that before pic. -- you have that large of a tank and haven't invested in a python or other water changer yet? Man, I couldn't do such large w/c's without one!
I've never heard of that company, but I'm going to look them up now! Lol

Back
Top Bottom