Chem-marine STOP PARASITES!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a friend that had a major bout with ICH. I wanted to do a little write up on what he decided to do! Since there is so much controversy on this I will add ... what works for some may not work for others!

Tank Background ... 125g Reef tank, 3 years old. Water parameters are quality. Tank was booming with life, all sorts of corals, inverts, fish and whatnot! Some of the stuff I couldn't even name!

He got a round of Ich and since it was almost impossible to catch all of his fish and QT them, he decided to go for one of the "Reef Safe" products! He chose Chem-Marine Stop Parasite.

He followed directions to a "T" and here is what happened ...

Day 1 - Fish looked horrible ... white sploches all over, constantly scratching, darting around! He added the suggested 1 TSPN per 10gal and tested his PH levels. PH was 8.2ish ALK was normal! After 5 or so minutes he tested again, NOTHING, no change what so ever! again that night he added another TSPN per 10 gal. twice daily as instructed!

Day 2 - Fish looked a little better ... some spots had dropped some were still covered, at this point we were also looking at corals and inverts for distress. added TSPN per 10gal checked PH and ALK everything normal!

Day 3- Fish are visibly getting healthier and eating better ... Corals and Inverts still thriving! dosed the medicine again noticed a slight drop in the PH and added a buffer. The buffer took care of that and PH was right back on track.

Day 4- Continued ....

Day 5 - Continued ....

This continued for the 5 days as scheduled. The fish looked amazing, no spots, healthy, eating and swimming around! He called Chem-Marine to praise them for finally making a product that was indeed "Reef Safe". They then informed him that this Stop Parasite was in fact tried and true to getting rid of the ICH ... Of course their going to say that right ... I mean it's their product!!!!! They then informed him that if by chance in the next 6 months he had another battle of ICH to call them and send the original receipt and UPC from the bottle he purchased and they would refund any money he spent as well as any fish he may loose!!!! WHAT??? Really!!!!

Well .... 6 months have passed and I can honestly say that he has had no problems with ICH or any other parasite for that matter nor has he lost any fish, corals or inverts as a result of using this product!

Awesome stuff indeed ... again some of you may say that the only way is to QT and do hypo or copper treatments. Unfortunately many of us do not have the means of setting up and maintaining a QT tank as well as a main display ... this seems like the best solution!

I'm not trying to sell anyone on using this approach, just adding my 2 pennies to what seems to be an ongoing debate!

Thanks,
Jermz

I believe so!
They also make a product called "stop aptasia" that is supposed to be better than "joes juice"!!

Stop parasite is much like Rx-p, pepper based. Neither is completely reef safe as it can effect some inverts as well as lionfish. Especially without a quality well tweeked skimmer. It's not that these "reef safe" treatments don't work at all, it's that they don't work with any consistancey. I am very glad it did work for your friend but as you said....

some of you may say that the only way is to QT and do hypo or copper treatments. Unfortunately many of us do not have the means of setting up and maintaining a QT tank as well as a main display

I understand your reasoning, just don't support it. I would rather use a treatment I know will work rather than one that might work. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Thats funny ... pepper based huh?

I always wondered why when he opened the bottle it smelled like chili ... and even looked like it too! I just read about the product on the net and most places don't list all ingridients (probably for people to not try and make it on their own) but some of the ingridients are indeed ... Pepper and mint! Things that make you go hmmmmmm!

Jermz

I agree with Steve in that one time I had ick in my tank after I added a powder Blue. I added a UV light to my tank in that which after a week The ick was gone. I haven`t seen it since for 6 years. And that is why I`m so hip on UV lights but I also know that either I got Lucky or maybe the Uv did help,but I need to stick with what I know will work and thats QT and treatments that our advisors tell us that work. Thanks for all the help from you advisors. Good day

Oh don't get me wrong I don't think the advisors are giving bad advice, they have given me plenty good from the beginning ... and I do appreciate all of their help!

I have just researched everywhere possible about preventative and the removal of parasites. There are so many opinions on so many different ways of dealing with this ever so popular debate that I figured a write up on a product that I have seen work for someone may help someone else in the long run!

Sorry if I seemed argumentative :cry:

Jermz

Back
Top Bottom