Chihiros WRGB II Pro 120 settings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elroy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I just bought this amazing light from Chihiros - WRGB II Pro 120. And I have been searching up and down the net, to find reviews regarding this armatur in order to find the best settings - for a planted tank. My tank is planted. Not heavy but on the other hand not light either. Tank measurement is: 121x51x66, and I have CO2 in the tank.

I found some tips and tricks but Im left a bit confused, so maybe you can help me out?

The reason Im confused is that some run the light with only 50 percent of max performance. eg 50% red, 40% green and less blue. Now why would they do that? There is no explanation of why they choose to do that. Other reason Im confused is that some wrote that a high amount of blue causes algae problems. Any who is familiar with that issue? I am not familiar with wavelengths/spectrum.

Bottum line is that Im looking for the best rgb+w setting. Currently I use this setting, as I found it to look good: Red:100%, green 85%, blue 65% white 50%. on from 08:00 to 17:00. Ladder is one hour. But what my eyes might like isnt necessarily the same as what the plants like.

Thanks

Elroy

Back
Top Bottom