Choosing a snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been seeing a lot of snail pictures lately and I realized how much I miss having a snail (other than my mts). I had a mystery snail years ago but he starting eating my vals and leaving 2ft blades of it floating around.

I want something that isn't going to eat my anubias or java ferns, and while I thought about nerites I really hate the look of their eggs all over the driftwood in pics I've seen (although maybe the pleco/guppies would eat them?). Any good possibilities?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Personally, I'm in love with nerites. Just picked up a zebra and tiger from LFS, and they have eagerly eaten diatoms off of rocks I forgot were grey and plants I forgot were green. :) haven't touched my plants, but went to town on algae. Super pretty, too! Love them.
It's also great that they can't reproduce in freshwater and overrun my tank.
I think personally, I won't mind the eggs too much because of all the other benefits. I think I read that because the eggs are pretty hard, most fish won't eat them... but they'll dissolve eventually and go away.
This is the extent of my snail knowledge, but I hope this helped a bit.

I have mystery snails and they generally leave all the Anubias and Java Fern alone. IMG_7480.jpg

Maybe I'll try one again, I really loved my previous on except for the mowing lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom