Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trantman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I hear that chromis's fight between each other until a dominant one survives, so is it okay just to add a single chromis?

I started out with 3...After a few days there was 2...Both have been ok with each other now for about a month with no fighting. I would imagine you can have just one. I was told you should buy them in odd numbers. Maybe that's because they kill each other off...lol...come to think of it...1 is an odd number

I started with 5 blue reef chromis, one just disappeared one day. Then from the four two jumped over board over a few months time. That left two which lived happily for almost a year, they even bred but I didnt get any babies even though I removed the eggs to another tank. Then I accidentally overdosed some flatworm exit and lost the last two. It took almost 2 years to get to 0 chromis which I dont think is horrible and I bet the last two would have been fine without me killing them.

Back
Top Bottom