Cichlid tank light question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am putting together 55g African cichlids tank. I am gonna use 2 T8 48" fluorescent bulbs. What color temp bulbs should I use?
Tank will be mostly dark flat stones, one piece of driftwood and maybe two, three Anubias.
I know that for plants optimal temp is 6700K. Heard of people using actinic bulbs in theirs cichlids tanks.
How about 1000K? I was thinking about doing 6700K and 1000K together. Is that a good idea?

That's the ONLY fake plant. It's that fake bamboo plant they sell at the LFS. It's like 3ft feet long. I used it to hide the outlets and the air line.

texas cichlid

this isn't a response, but I see there aren't many cichlid posts. I have a 13 yr old texas cichlid & it has now started acting funny, on its side, swims, not bloat, water's good, eats...two days like this now. is it bladder disease? old age?

ariel97 said:
this isn't a response, but I see there aren't many cichlid posts. I have a 13 yr old texas cichlid & it has now started acting funny, on its side, swims, not bloat, water's good, eats...two days like this now. is it bladder disease? old age?

Don't hijack other people's threads it's very rude, there is plenty of activity in the cichlid section. If no one has replied yet it's because they don't know how to answer your question.

To answer the OP, you can get 6500k day light T-8 bulbs at lowes and home depot at a fairly low price. Anubis is fairly undemanding so any light that looks good should work.

Back
Top Bottom