cleaner shrimp not eating!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Packohotdogs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone,

So, three weeks ago, I bought a skunk cleaner shrimp. He has been thriving!!! Eating like a horse, moving around the tank constantly.

I noticed when I brought him home that he (she) had eggs. They are now gone. I assume they were lunch for my fishys!

He looks more yellow now, and hasn't moved from a certain spot all day. He seems to be picking at his swimmerets a little, and cleaning his pincers a lot. He is also swishing his antennae too.

Is this molting?

nevermind.... just found the molted shell!!

do I need to remove it from the tank, or can I leave it? its hard to get to. will hermits take care of it??

Definitely think you should call that shrimp a she. I've never heard of a skunk shrimp, but I am no pro. Leave the molted shell in there......they eat it for the nutrients. I have whisker shrimp (never heard of them either). They molted and those shells were gone in about a day.

I think (s)he molted last night. I was at work all day, and just noticed it, and only about .5" of the tail remain. Either they ate the thing in 45 minutes, or it was there all day.

Currently, three hermits are on it, so it should be gone by morning.

Pretty cool!!!!

Back
Top Bottom