Cleaning Crew for Betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
My betta tank is accumulating a LOT of waste, and would like a Cleaning Crew. I did ghost shrimp, and he tore them up. Is there anything with a low bio load, that won't become a snack?

If you have a ten gallon you can try a clown pleco. They only get around 4.5in and they can hold their own

They'll kill shrimp, my betta had no problem with snails

Honestly adding anything live to a small tank with a betta is going to increase your bio load. If your betta is creating too much waste, you need to cut back on feeding it. If tank mates are your goal then you'll need a bigger tank and if you just want to lower nitrates you can add some live plants.

How big is your tank right now? So far you've added a frog. Maybe removed the frog. Talked about bleaching the tank. How often are you just doing regular maintenance on the tank? Water and filter and gravel cleaning? How much are you feeding him? You already said you don't have a gravel vac. Before you add anything else to this tank get it settled and established.

2 gallons. The frog is leaving today or tomorrow. I thought I'd get a cleaning crew. Frogs are not my thing!

Don't add anything else. 2 gallons is not even enough for the betta, really. Anything else will add more waste than remove it.

I have a half moon betta , Bob who lives in a 5.5g tank. Bob's mates are two leaprod danio's , 3 zebra danio's and 4 julii cory cats with an albino pleco ( baby ) , Bob's tank is heavily planted . This set-up has worked well with surprisingly little work for a crystal clear and healthy tank , Bob hates snails .

Back
Top Bottom