Cleaning Python tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there any way to clean the tubing on my 50' Python water changer? No matter how carefully I try to get all the water out I am noticing a dark mold(?) on the inside of the tubing. It doesn't *seem* to be affecting my tanks but I'm still a little worried & would prefer it wasn't there

You could try placing it in a large bucket of warm water and hydrogen peroxide. In order to get contact on the inner surfaces of the tubing, you will need to slowly feed this into the bucket. Alternatively, you could connect the tubing to a submersible pump and let that run for a while.
You could always try the same with a bleach solution though you may be spending quite a bit of time rinsing it and soaking it in dechlorinator.

This topic springs up every so often. The general concenus is " don't worry about it". Just clear out as much water as possible before you put the Python away. That's really all you can do. I've never read about any adverse effects towards fish regarding a dirty water hose.

That's what I was hoping. I **might** get ambitious and try cleaning it once the weather is cooperative again

Back
Top Bottom