Cleaning tank with snail...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WRLeGrand

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I discovered about a week ago that a little brown snail had snuck into my aquarium. From research it seems it may have come in on the new live plant/driftwood piece I purchased. I really do not mind because I have the aquarium size and there is typically excess algae in my tank.

I am due for a water change tomorrow, however. I have the Python. Do I need to remove the snail before the vacuum and refill? Is it ok to wipe/scrape the algae off of the class?

I don't want to kill the snail, but need to get my fish fresh water!

Advice please and thank you! Merry Christmas!

I don't bother removing the snails I have in my tank, and only scrape algae off the glass. It was really bad recently so I had no other option

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha why would you need to remove it? When you're draining the tank just suspend the python in the middle in open water. I changed my water and scrubbed down my sides today, I just tap the foot of the snail and he goes into his shell and drops off the glass. Mine are pretty large mystery snails though so probably easier to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I guess I was just afraid of sucking him up or him being above water level...

I just let the hose dangle in the open water, and let the snails do their thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom