Cleanup crew with loaches and assassin snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luananeko

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know of a good cleanup crew style critter/fish for a 75 gallon tank that won't be eaten by assassin snails or dwarf chain loaches? I was using otos in my 75 gallon tank, but I think my new sand substrate may have caused them digestion issues because I just lost all three of them despite no fluctuations in water parameters :( Their tummies looked a bit large, so I think they may have ate some sand and got blockage issues. Is that a common issue?

I was hoping for something that wasn't a huge bioload that could help keep algae in check. I've been trying to control lighting and nutrients, but algae is inevitable in the summer months here... The only things I can think of that would be safe from the loaches and assassins would be SAEs, but I think they need things colder than I keep my tank (82F)... A pleco would work, but I think would tend to uproot my plants and have a rather large bioload to boot... Any other options I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom