Clear milky growth on live rock????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jam0Cat0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any clues to what this stuff is, it is a clear milky film growing on one of my live rocks. I can only see in one spot that there is a small hole in the one on the far left. I circled some of the spots in black. it is all connected and it is growing across the whole rock.

DSC_1579.jpg
DSC_1580.jpg

I don't do SW but it looks like some sort of mold to me (I get it on my driftwood)

bumping is against AA rules, FYI

mold huh, hmmm even if there are spots with perfectly round holes in it? Thank you by the way about the bump notice, i did not know that. :)

I thought maybe sponge to hackteck but is seems to be spreading across the whole rock so sponges grow that fast?

Im going with sponge they will grow as nutrients are available. Feed ur fish less then u normally would so theres not much fir your hermits and they will eat them... or just pick one up and place it top see if it notices it

i don't think a hermit crab will eat a sponge. not sure what it is yet, so you'll have to let it grow a bit more into whatever structure it's going to become. it could be sponge, tunicate, mucous from something...

i don't think a hermit crab will eat a sponge. not sure what it is yet, so you'll have to let it grow a bit more into whatever structure it's going to become. it could be sponge, tunicate, mucous from something...

I've witnessed my normal hermits eating mine.

It is not mucous it is growing and it has been there for a while mow about a month now. I am wondering if it a sponge to. Now it has spots that seem to be getting a shine on it almost like its shimmering, its really weird!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom