Clear tubing for canister filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there clear elegant tubing available to put on canister filters. The eheim 2217 green tubing is horrible and ugly. I know of glass tubing which looks beautiful, but I was after plastic so cichlids dont break.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Umm... I know that you can use siphon tubing if you are okay with it being flexible. I don't know where to get rigid tubing though.

They'll be the nastiest shade of brown in a few months without regular cleaning.

You could spray the hoses with krylon fusion, or snag the black flexible hosing.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll stick with green.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like the green tubing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got clear tubing for my canister filter at Lowes. It was in the plumbing isle. It was water line for refrigerators or ice makers. Way cheaper than anything I found at a pet store and it worked great. Mine has been in use a couple of months and only has a little build up. I purchased some long cleaning brushes at Petsmart to clean tubing and intakes with.

That eheim green tubing is a joy to work with compared to the stuff you will get anywhere else. It is so soft and pliable. You probably want to avoid rigid pipe as it transmit all the vibration and be a little noisy.

That eheim green tubing is a joy to work with compared to the stuff you will get anywhere else. It is so soft and pliable. You probably want to avoid rigid pipe as it transmit all the vibration and be a little noisy.

I was going to say.. the vinyl tubing at lowes or HD will kink and twist much easier.

I was going to say.. the vinyl tubing at lowes or HD will kink and twist much easier.

I find two contributing factors to this are wall thickness and water temp. In the past, I've began by running warm to hot water thru them to "soften" them up a bit and they become more pliable. After getting them to the configuration of "straight" that I'd like them to be, I blast them with cold and they seem to hold shape much better.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

I find two contributing factors to this are wall thickness and water temp. In the past, I've began by running warm to hot water thru them to "soften" them up a bit and they become more pliable. After getting them to the configuration of "straight" that I'd like them to be, I blast them with cold and they seem to hold shape much better.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Yup, I use a 10'-5/8" vinyl tubing for filling my water barrel, hook it up to the sink and run super hot water through it for a min, stretch it out and the cold water leaves it right where I want it.. it has a permanent kink in it though,it slows floe with out the hot water to loosen it up..

Back
Top Bottom