clear water is not happening....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 g tank which has cycled. I have done nothing to it but the usual water changes. It just will not get crystal clear like everyone elses!! I have snails, and salt and pepper cats, ghost shrimp and only 14 - 1 inch shrimp. My bioload is not high... IMO. And am not over feeding, over fertilizing. I have plants that are trimmed and nothing dead or rotting. I will be putting more drift wood in tomorrow, but that has been boiled until the water ran clear. I swish my filter in the water that I drain off. Please... any ideas?

I will be honest......I don't know how to post a picture on here. I was gone for 5 days in which the light were off the whole time. Today, like usual, six hours or less. 3 am. and 3 pm. It just looks like someone put their hand in it and just created everything to fly!!

Hello Heidi,

You may want to make sure the water is not bypassing the mechanical part of the filter.

David

I am now running two filters. It has been four hours and it hasn't cleared a bit. I just can't figure this one out! The new one is an Aquaclear 50. Fish all seem fine... Guess its just me!!!!! lol

Seachem makes a product call purigen. It comes in a few sizes but the smallest is in a per-made bag that will fit nicely where the active carbon does in AC 50. It works a lot like active carbon but much better. And it's rechargeable so you don't have a keep buying it. Works for about 6 months and if your tank is planted it won't pull your fertz. If you have tannis from driftwood it will clear it out. Great stuff. I run it all my tanks. You may want to try some.

Seachem makes a product call purigen. It comes in a few sizes but the smallest is in a per-made bag that will fit nicely where the active carbon does in AC 50. It works a lot like active carbon but much better. And it's rechargeable so you don't have a keep buying it. Works for about 6 months and if your tank is planted it won't pull your fertz. If you have tannis from driftwood it will clear it out. Great stuff. I run it all my tanks. You may want to try some.

I totally agree...Seachem is simply AMAZING!

i would try adding fine filter wool or water polishing pads to one or both of the filters. to trap the fine particles which may be suspended in the water.

Back
Top Bottom