Clogged Sump Hoses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly I only know how to remove and flush the lines. Never tried it without removing them. You've been wanting to take it off so sounds like it's a good time to bite the bullet!

Honestly I only know how to remove and flush the lines. Never tried it without removing them. You've been wanting to take it off so sounds like it's a good time to bite the bullet!

Yes I think it is time to get it out if there. Not sure how to cap the holes in the overflow boxes.

Well finally got rid of my sump. Boy was that a job. Thank goodness my Son was staying with us because I know I could not have done it by myself. I had to drain the tank down to about 7 inches of water just so he could move it. And I had to break the sump up with a hammer to get it out of the cabinet. My poor fish. As soon as we got the sump out I had him move the tank back so I could start filling it.

I am running the fx5 with 2 air stones and a Hydor korallia at one end to improve circulation. Had to send back the fluval 406 because the lid would not seal properly causing a slow leak that went on for about a week before I discovered it.

I have to say I am about fed up with the fluval issues I have had this year. Its time for a change. I have heard good things about the cascade canister so I ordered one to try it out. I am waiting for that to arrive so I can get it up and running.

That's good to know. Yeah all the reviews were really praising the canister and how quiet it is. Thanks for the info. Makes me feel better about ordering it.

You are just having all kinds of problems girl! You know I've been buying and using Fluval Cansiters since the 80's and never had a problem. I think you have bad mojo with them! But on the good note you finally have that sump off! Hope the rest is smooth sailing!

Thanks Janis. Yeah I don't know what is here lately. I have always bought Fluvals in the past also. Hope this new one can help me out. Can't wait to get it and give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom