Cloudy water help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teeny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gallon tank. I have cycled it and after 2 months I added one catfish. I recently added a "mystery snail" I had live plants but the snail ate them so now it is all artifical plants and one catfish. After I do a water change within one week my water is so cloudy I can not see in it. I check the levels and everything is checking ok but it can't be right if it is that cloudy right? Also when i do a water change the I can see "particals" floating in the water. Everything in there seems to be happy and living just fine but I have never had such a problem with cloudy, unclear water. What happened? Please help!!!!!

Cloudy water means that you are going through a mini-cycle. The bacteria is probably just repopulating after a filter cartridge change/rinse, or something similar, really nothing to worry about as long as ammonia and nitrite levels stay at 0ppm.

Last edited:
I always see little particles in the water after I do a water change also. They clear up within the next day though as the filter gets them out. Doing a water change stirs stuff up. I wouldn't be too worried as long as you keep an eye on your levels as thominil said.

Mayb you hAve the lite on too much turn off the light and do another reg waterchange

Back
Top Bottom