Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WayBel2004

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank has turned cloudy overnight. I just tested and everything seems normal.

Water is milky as opposed to green.

Ammonia = 0
PH =7.0

Could it be something else? Do I need to do a PWC? I just did a 40% last friday.:confused:

Last edited:
I've had my share of cloudy (milky) water; success only came when I realized I placed the ceramic rings in the wrong basket. Once I corrected this, my tank has been very clear. (if you can, see my response to Mark Hewitt's query about filter media)

Luanne

Thanks Luanne, I don't have any ceramic rings in my filter. At least I don't think I do-I have an Aquaclear 30 filter.

How long have you had your tank set up? Sometimes new tanks will get cloudy for a few days. The massive amounts of bacteria is prob what you are seeing. I would just do a PWC and keep checking the water if your numbers are good I would just give it a few days.

I changed my carbon bag on November 25th. Since then weekly pwc's and a quick vacuum.

I added 4 more fish last week but everyone is doing well and acting normally.

Ah! I think I found your problem. The addition of the extra fish increased the bioload and created more bacteria in the water. Everything should be fine just give it a few days and keep and eye on it.

I also recommend getting rid of the carbon bag and replacing it with another sponge.

The carbon is only good for removing medicine from the water. It is only good for about a week and then becomes useless. Your tank would benefit more with another sponge or filter floss.

Back
Top Bottom