cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An algae bloom will have a green tint to the water when put in a white cup. A bacterial bloom is usually milky looking, cloudy, and sometimes when it's very heavy you can see the milky bacteria swirling like it's being stirred. Also a bacterial bloom will cloud the water back up immediately. A mild green water algae bloom takes a touch longer but also will green back up.

An algae bloom will have a green tint to the water when put in a white cup. A bacterial bloom is usually milky looking, cloudy, and sometimes when it's very heavy you can see the milky bacteria swirling like it's being stirred. Also a bacterial bloom will cloud the water back up immediately. A mild green water algae bloom takes a touch longer but also will green back up.

Okay, thanks. I knew that I had a bacterial bloom in my little tank because I changed out the filters, so I at least knew that much. Over cleaned and learned a lesson. I've had pretty good luck with my planted 36 gal.

Back
Top Bottom