cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gordy6040

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys
I've got 3 small goldfish in a 60L tank. They're only babies and will be moved to a pond when their big enough.
My tank water is cloudy, its clear of nitrates an nitrites. There is an airstone and two filters. That may be a bit too much going on but they like playing in the bubbles so I want to keep that. Any ideas welcome.

If you love your fish, you should really invest in a liquid test kit. Better to be safe than sorry. How often do you change your water, and how do you change it?

I have an API test kit. I change the water 1-2 times per week. I do 20-30% water changes.
Thanks for the input by the way. The little lads ate growing on me and I do want to keep them in good condition.

How are your ammonia levels? I like mine to always be at 0ppm. But that is just me. And maybe quite a few people here on AA too.

I almost kept an angelfish, but my wallet told me no=( I miss him

You need to get an ammonia test kit. If you have the api master kit it comes with it.

Goldfish are extremely dirty fish even when they are little. A 60 liter tank is small and ammonia builds quickly. If your tank is not cycled and ammonia is building up between your water changes it will harm your fish.

Back
Top Bottom