Clown Fish Hates Anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClownFish4life

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a clown fish, I'm not quite sure what type it is though. I bought a sea anenome, my friends all said that's where the Clown Fish lived and sleeped in. But when I got home, it was uncomfortable, I thought that was normal until about the second day. It wouldn't even go near the Anenome, it spent all of it's time at the top of the tank. I want to know what the problem is, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the suppilers fault. Maybe I have the wrong tank size? Its 50 gallon if you were going ot ask. Please send in some answers, and I can provide various answers, as long as they aren't about the type of Clown fish.:D

Well... the type of clown fish AND the type of anemone would help. With a little research, or just posting a picture here, I think you can find out.

Not all clownfish will shack up with an anemone. Some will, some won't - it's a roll of the dice. There are also some anemones that clownfish won't host - period. It could be anyone one of these issues. Or it could just need more time.

Not the answer you wanted, but I'm sure others will chime in with some ideas. If it makes you feel better, clowns don't need an anemone. They will get along in your tank just fine without one.

Kurt said it all. Most importantly what kind are they?

Well I think I will post a picture soon, but I guess describing is the best right now. Well the anenome is brown with peach coloured tips. The Clown Fish is orange and white, well it's more of a redish orange then a orange orange. The fin tips are bright orange. Hope this information helps you all.

Back
Top Bottom