Clown Fish - HELP :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimmy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and was wondering if someone can help me? I have two clown fish in my marine. My two clown fish have a white algae substance on them and one is looks very sick and is hiding behind a rock. If anyone can help with what it might be. That would be great.

Thanks

Kim

This is called ick and needs to be treated before it kills them its a parasite. You can use hyposalinity or a copper medication your fish store might sell. Both methods are not invert safe so no crabs, corals, anemones, snails, etc fish only. You will probably have to set up a quarantine tank to treat them. What size tank do you have?

Kimmy said:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and was wondering if someone can help me? I have two clown fish in my marine. My two clown fish have a white algae substance on them and one is looks very sick and is hiding behind a rock. If anyone can help with what it might be. That would be great.

Thanks

Kim

Where is this white algae substance located? Eyes, fins, mouth, gills, body? Never heard ich described as an algae so im betting on a fungal infection perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom