Clown Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fred

Aquarium Advice Freak
Advice on keeping 3 clown loaches, a silver dollar and a common pleco in a 55g? Is this a really bad idea? I already have one clown loach (have had him for 2 years, but he's about 6 years old) and the silver dollar. Instead of more clown's what about a few Kuhli Loaches? Would they mix well with the clown loach?

If I were you, I'd get more silver dollars, as they are a true schooling fish and are much less skittish when kept in a school.

The one clown loach you already have will outgrow your 55 at some point, though they also enjoy company.

Kuhlis are very shy and chances are you wouldn't see much of them. I don't know if they are compatible with a clown.

I really would look at expanding your silver dollar school rather than your other two options.

Just my two cents, being as you asked.

That's what another person on here told me through a different thread. Thanks for replying :)

+1 to mudraker

Like I said before, the Common plecos will outgrow your tank also in a matter of time. Have you thought of yoyo loaches? They are lively and have great personalities .

Yes I realize that, I will be upgrading my tank to a minimum 75g if not bigger within the next few years. I think I'm gonna get rid of one of the plecos and the parrotts and increase the silver dollars. I won't get more Clown Loches but will look into yoyo loaches...thanks for the suggetion!!

Since you already have one clown loach. I would leave him in there since he's been there for 2 years. Have a good school of around 5-7 silver dollars. Look into a bristlenose pleco or two as they stay small around 5 or 6".

Back
Top Bottom