Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Kurt, my maroon is worse today, it definately has ich. My husband is so set on treating with kick ich, but I don't want to risk it.

I have a sailfin in my 20g QT already that is being treated for ich that I just bought. He is already a week into treatment and is doing great. I have another 30g QT in the garage, but I don't think I will fit all those fish in with the 30g. So far it is just the clown

What should I do. This really sux.

Also I have a blenny in the main that is copper sensitive, and no other qt tank, nor could I stand to run 4 tanks at once.

Mary,
I am so sorry. :(
How about a bigger tank to combine the fish for treatment. You can also use the garbage can with an overflow to increase the water volume and if aggresion becomes a problem, you can use eggcrate for divider.
Here was my set up.

Attachments

• qt2_189.jpg
    qt2_189.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 159
Ok, question. Since the rest of the fish do not show signs, should I put them in the 30g and the clown w/ the tang and continue with the copper treatment? The tang has been there for one week, will one more week be ok? Also, should i just wait and see if the others develope symptoms? OR, just pull the clown and put kick ich in the main for everybody else since they seem ok? What I am worried about is what to do with the blenny.

The problem is you really need to pull all the fish in order to rid your system of it. Fish still in system....still have a host. I don't have much faith in kick ich to do the job. Leave the inverts be, they are not hosts.
I would somehow get all the fish out for treatment maybe with the use of tupperwater containers or the overflow system shown above and leave the main tank fishless for 6 weeks.
I know its a pain in the backside. :roll:
Treating just 2 fish won't work because they can become reinfected once placed back in the main.

True, very true. I guess I will have to take the rock out again :( . I am already setting up the QT now. I did a 10% w/c in the main and filled the tub halfway, tommorrow I will do another 10% and fill the other half and take out the fish. Alex is not happy. He will help me though, he just really hates this part of it.

Back
Top Bottom