Clownfish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish4ever

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I bought 2 clowns 3 weeks ago out of the same tank they were already different sizes so I was wondering if anyone has ideas of how long it could be and what to look for. The tank is 10 gallon with one other fish that the big clown messes with sometimes.Thanks

Fish4ever said:
Ok so I bought 2 clowns 3 weeks ago out of the same tank they were already different sizes so I was wondering if anyone has ideas of how long it could be and what to look for. The tank is 10 gallon with one other fish that the big clown messes with sometimes.Thanks

I'm not really understanding your question. How long for what? Also there is a saltwater section you'll have better luck there rather then the member intro section.

How long for them to breed and I know I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to post in sections

Breeding will depend on wether you purchased two which are already paired, the larger Clown is usually the female. If not paired already it could take months, and in a 10 gallon is very unlikely to happen unfortunately - I've never seen Clowns successfully bred in any tank less than 30 gallons.

I have a 30 we are gunna take down so shoul I put tem in that??

Fish4ever said:
I have a 30 we are gunna take down so shoul I put tem in that??

I'd put them in the 30g, and sorry for that, I mis read the post and didn't see the title.

I've had my clowns for 10 months now with no signs of breeding.

Well I hope you have luck soon and I hope I will too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom