Clownfish hosting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triggerman888

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will a tank bred tomato clown host with a bubble tip, a long tenacle, or a carpet anenome?

all the above or none ... No one really knows. Some clowns will host to certain things easier than others but I am not too familar with tomatos. My tank bred percula host to a toadstool leather and a frogspawn.

Good luck

as ellisz stated no one knows
its all about luck really, alot of tank bread ones seem to host powerheads...
but then i have an ocellrias (spelling oops) who is tank rasied and my sand anenome hosts the clown.

There is no guarantee that they will host anything like everyone else said. However I've heard that BTA's are the best for trying to get a clown to host an anemone. Is there any particular reason why you want an anemone or would a coral work okay for you too?

My tomato totally disregards my anenomie and host a pagoda Cup coral. There are no guarantees with clowns and anenomies.

Will a tank bred tomato clown host with a bubble tip, a long tenacle, or a carpet anenome?
If you are planning on adding an anemone a bubble-tip would be the best choice. They are hardy, and easily captive bred. Captive bred anemones tend to do better in aquariums long term. Carpet anemones have very potent stings and tend to wander about destroying or eating anything in their path.

Back
Top Bottom