Clownfish pairing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJLiquid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a juvenile maroon fish in my 15 gallon nano tank for two months and just introduced a black clownfish and the two are inseparable. They swim all over the tank together in unison right next to each other. Is it possible that two different types can mate because these two "look" like they are in love.

No and the maroon will get too big for that tank. I've seen them get up to 6 inches (female) and will probably not tolerate the other one.

I agree. I have a maroon (solo clown) in my 10 gal until he outgrows it. But I don't recommend keeping the two together

I've had a juvenile maroon fish in my 15 gallon nano tank for two months and just introduced a black clownfish and the two are inseparable. They swim all over the tank together in unison right next to each other. Is it possible that two different types can mate because these two "look" like they are in love.

actually ive seen a post on another site and he had a maroon and a false percula and they have paired and reproduced ill see if i can find the thread. but yeah the maroon will get to big for your tank.

actually ive seen a post on another site and he had a maroon and a false percula and they have paired and reproduced ill see if i can find the thread. but yeah the maroon will get to big for your tank.

????

Please find that thread I would like to read that.

It is possible to interbreed clowns, just not common and many time just not natural. Oh, and an ocellaris clown IS a false perc ;)

Back
Top Bottom