Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexRoerden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_1815.jpg

I have a 10 gallon tank with a pair of blood orange misbar clownfish, with a Hob filter and a piece of arg alive rock. Yesterday the water looked brown to me so I tested the perimeters and did a 50% water change. This morning they both appeared to have microscopic white spots all over that you can only see in the right light. What is it and how do I treat it. I don’t think it’s clownfish disease because there captive bred.

If your fish is the one in the photo you uploaded then it has Cryptocarion. He doesn't look like brook to me either, deal with Paraguard. I hope your 10 gallon tank is a QT.

Definite signs of ich. They will need removed into a hospital tank and treated with a copper based medication.
With that dealt with, we will need to find the stressor. In reality, a 10 gallon is too small for a pair of clowns...but lets not dwell on such things and accept that it will increase negative parameter numbers. What were those numbers when you tested?
Good job on the water change. 50% is the largest I will ever suggest that someone does a water change. Even too much of a good thing can be stressful and cause issues too, especially when it comes to that happening all at once.
Can you tell us more about the system? How long has it been set up? Was the system cycled? Have you seen any bullying between the two clowns? Were they a mated pair?

Back
Top Bottom